Monday, September 6, 2010

King's Mountain Art Fair - Woodside, CA

Today I attended the King's Mountain Art Fair for the first time.  I never knew it existed until today.

Although I live on the coast, I'm also just a short drive from the redwood forests of the Santa Cruz mountains.  The Art Fair is an annual event, a benefit for the volunteer Kings Mountain fire brigade and it's been held every Labor Day since 1963.

As I strolled among the towering redwoods, I was reminded of the beautiful area in which I live.  Although there were a lot of people, the fair was spread out along a wide area so we didn't bump into each other too often.

Below are some highlights.



















I absolutely loved this man's paintings.  I noticed that his prices were very reasonable ($65 for his framed giclees - high-quality prints), and he was selling a lot of them.  I found myself thinking, "Well Roberta, you could do that if you put your mind to it!"



This woman had framed originals.  They ran around $2000.  She did excellent work.  She had an outstanding watercolor of koi in a pool.  I should have taken more pictures, but sometimes people get crabby if you take pics of their work - afraid you're going to steal their ideas, which is absurd.


Some very cute - and expensive, $250 - "girls" that a woman was selling.

Hmm.  Can you imagine your husband bringing this home?


I decided to take a different way home and explore Tunitas Creek Rd. instead of my usual way, which is Woodside/La Honda Rd. aka Highway 84.  84 can be long and boring, although very pretty in some areas.  I was glad I did - Tunitas Creek Rd. was twisty and downhill 3/4 of the way, but I was the only driver except for some bikers and I enjoyed the solitude.  I was surrounded by beautiful redwoods almost the entire way.  I will definitely go that way again. 

No comments: